You’ve made the decision. You want to become a successful real estate and have your own real estate business. Everyone has their reasons as to why they chose this profession. Maybe you were born into a family of affluent real estate agents. Maybe you love the idea of being your own boss and setting your own hours. Whatever your reasons, becoming a successful real estate agent is attainable as long as you’re willing to put in the work.
Becoming a successful real estate agent is not easy. It takes hard work, dedication, and perseverance. However, with the right tools and tactics at your disposal, you can be successful. In this article, we will discuss 10 tactics on how to become a highly successful real estate agent.
What does it take to be a successful real estate agent?
There are many steps between getting your real estate license and selling 10 million dollar homes ala “Selling Sunset”. There are three key habits that the most prosperous real estate agents share. By studying these patterns, we can learn how to emulate their success.
3 Habits of Highly Successful Real Estate Agents
The first step in understanding what it really takes to succeed in this sometimes, ruthless business, is finding out what other top producers routinely do. We studied some of the most successful agents in North America and discovered three distinct habits they all share.
- They surround themselves with the right people
- They are constantly learning and evolving
- They focus on their clients’ needs
1. Surround Yourself With the Right People
The most respected real estate agents know that their success is only as good as the people they surround themselves with. This includes everything from their sphere of influence to their real estate broker.
When it comes to your sphere of influence, it’s important to surround yourself with people who will support your business endeavors. These are the people who will be your cheerleaders and referral sources. They should be people you can trust and who believe in what you’re doing.
Your licensed real estate broker is also an important part of your success. They should be someone who is supportive and has your best interests at heart. A good broker will offer resources, training, and mentorship to help you succeed.
2. Constantly Learning and Evolving
Top real estate agents are lifelong learners. They understand that the business is constantly changing and they need to change with it. Top producers stay up-to-date on industry news and trends in the real estate market. They also take advantage of continued education opportunities to sharpen their skills.
The best way to stay ahead of the curve is to adopt a growth mindset. This means that you’re always looking for ways to improve and grow as an agent. When you have a growth mindset, you’re open to new ideas and willing to try new things. This will help you adapt as the business changes and gives you an edge over your competition.
3. Focus on Your Clients’ Needs
A successful agent is client-focused. Real estate professionals understand that their clients are the key to their success. By focusing on their clients’ needs, they’re able to build strong relationships and repeat business.
Client-focused agents are always looking for ways to improve the client experience. They’re responsive to their clients’ needs and concerns. They’re also proactive in their communication and follow-up. By providing an exceptional level of service, they’re able to build long-lasting relationships with their clients.
If you have what it takes to be a successful real estate agent, then keep reading for 10 tactics that will help ensure your real estate success.
10 Tactics to Help You Become a Highly Successful Real Estate Agent
Now that you understand the habits you need to become a top player in the real estate industry, you need to know the tactics to implement in your real estate business.
1. Get organized and stay organized
As a real estate agent, you will be dealing with a lot of paperwork. From contracts to disclosures, there is a lot to keep track of. It’s important to develop a system to stay organized. This will save you time and prevent you from making mistakes. It might sound like a simple tactic. But, it can make a big difference in your success as an agent.
Tools to help you stay organized:
- A paperless office – Use a scanning app to scan all your documents into your computer. This will help you declutter your office and have everything at your fingertips.
- A to-do list – Keep a to-do list of all the things you need to do each day and each week. This will help keep you organized and on track.
- A calendar – Use a calendar to schedule all your appointments, showings, and closings. This will ensure that you don’t double book yourself and that everything runs smoothly.
- File cabinets – Keep all your important paperwork in file cabinets for easy access. This will save you time when you need to find a document.
- Binders – Put all of your contracts, disclosures, and other important forms in binders for easy access. This will keep you organized and in compliance with the law.
- A desktop organizer – Use a desktop organizer to keep all your pens, pencils, paperclips, etc., in one place. This will make it easy for you to find what you need when you need it.
2. Keep your CRM up-to-date
Did you know that real estate agents that make more than $100,000 per year use a contact management system? Your CRM is your lifeline as a real estate agent. It’s important to keep it up-to-date with all your clients’ information. This includes their contact information, property preferences, and the status of their search.
It’s also important to keep track of your interactions with each client. This will help you stay on top of your follow-ups and ensure that you’re providing the best possible service.
Tools to help you keep your CRM up-to-date:
- A good CRM – There are a lot of different CRMs on the market. Choose one that fits your needs and is easy to use.
- Data entry assistants – If you don’t have time to input all your data, hire someone to do it for you. This will free up your time so you can focus on other things.
- Automated data entry – There are some CRMs that offer automated data entry. This means that your data will be inputted into the system automatically.
- Cloud-based CRM – A cloud-based CRM can be accessed from anywhere. This is convenient if you’re out of the office and need to access your CRM.
- Mobile app – A mobile app for your CRM will make it even easier to stay on top of your clients’ information. You can input data and access your CRM from your phone.
3. Stay in touch with your sphere of influence
Your sphere of influence is made up of people that know, like, and trust you. These are the people that are most likely to refer business to you. It’s important to stay in touch with your sphere of influence. This can be done through email, social media, or even snail mail.
Tools to help you stay in touch with your sphere of influence:
- Email – Use email to stay in touch with your sphere of influence. Send them updates on the market, new listings, or even just a personal note.
- Social media – Use social media to connect with your sphere of influence. Share your listings, blog posts, or anything else that you think would be of interest to them.
- Snail mail – Send your sphere of influence handwritten notes or cards. This will let them know that you’re thinking of them and that you appreciate their business.
- Newsletters – Stay in touch with your sphere of influence by sending them periodic newsletters. This can be done electronically or through the mail.
- Phone calls – Sometimes a phone call is the best way to stay in touch. This can be used to catch up with someone or to follow up on a lead.
4. Get involved in your community
One of the best ways to build relationships and get referrals is to get involved in your community. There are a number of ways to do this. You can join the Chamber of Commerce, host a community event, or volunteer for a local charity. Getting involved in your community also shows that you’re invested in the area and that you care about the people that live there.
Tools to help you get involved in your community:
- Chamber of Commerce – The Chamber of Commerce is a great way to network with other businesses in your community. You can attend events, join committees, and even host events.
- Community events – Hosting or participating in community events is a great way to meet new people and get your name out there. You can also use these events to promote your business.
- Volunteer work – Volunteering for a local charity is a great way to give back to your community. It’s also a great way to meet new people and build relationships.
- Sponsorships – Sponsoring a local event or team is a great way to support your community and get your name out there.
- Business memberships – Joining a business association is a great way to network with other businesses in your community.
5. Build relationships with other businesses
Another great way to get referrals is to build relationships with other businesses in your community. In order to have a successful real estate career, you need to network, attend events, or even collaborate on projects. When you have a good relationship with other businesses, they’re more likely to refer business to you.
Tools to help you build relationships with other businesses:
- Networking – Attend networking events or join a business association. This is a great way to meet new people and build relationships.
- Events – Attend events that are relevant to your business. This is a great way to meet new people and learn about new products or services.
- Collaborations – Collaborate with other businesses on projects. This is a great way to build relationships and get your name out there.
- Referrals – Give referrals to other businesses when you can. This is a great way to show that you’re interested in helping them succeed.
- Testimonials – Give testimonials for other businesses. This is a great way to show that you’re happy with their products or services.
6. Make yourself available
To have a successful real estate business, you need to make yourself available to your clients. This means being available when they need you and being responsive to their needs. It also means being available to answer their questions and help them through the buying or selling process.
Tools to help you make yourself available:
- Phone calls – Return phone calls promptly and be available when your clients need you.
- Emails – Respond to emails in a timely manner and be available when your clients need you.
- Text messages – Respond to text messages in a timely manner and be available when your clients need you.
- Meetings – Schedule meetings when it’s convenient for your clients and be on time.
- Follow up – Follow up with your clients after a meeting or phone call.
7. Be knowledgeable
It can be tough for a new real estate agent just starting out. But there are ways to beef up your knowledge even if you’re a newly licensed real estate agent. A successful Realtor is knowledgeable about the real estate market and the area they work in. They know the trends, the prices, and the neighborhoods. They also know how to negotiate and how to help their clients get the best deal possible.
Tools to help you be more knowledgeable:
- Keep up with trends – Read industry publications, attend events, or take courses to stay up-to-date on the latest trends.
- Research – Be sure to research the market and the neighborhoods you work in. This will help you be more knowledgeable about prices and trends.
- Get educated – Take courses or get a certification to show your clients that you’re knowledgeable about the real estate industry.
8. Be tech-savvy
In today’s world, it’s important to be tech-savvy. This means being able to use technology to your advantage and using it to make your business more efficient. There are a lot of great tools available to help you with marketing, lead generation, and follow-up.
Tools to help you be more tech-savvy:
- Social media – Use social media to market your business and connect with potential clients.
- Websites – Use websites to showcase your listings and attract new leads.
- Online tools – Use online tools to help you with lead generation, follow-up, and marketing.
- Mobile apps – Use mobile apps to help you stay connected and efficient.
- Technology – Use technology to help you automate your business and work more efficiently.
9. Stay focused
Many real estate agents who are top producers are the ones who stay focused on their business. They don’t get sidetracked by personal issues or other businesses. They make sure they’re always working on growing their business and making it better.
Too often we see other agents brag about side hustles or side businesses. While we firmly believe in multiple streams of income, you need to make your main income producer first and make that endeavor successful before moving on to another project.
Tools to help you stay focused:
- Prioritize – Make a list of your top priorities and focus on those first.
- Set goals – Set goals for yourself and your business and work towards achieving them.
- Stay organized – Keep your business organized so you can stay focused on what’s important.
- Delegate – Delegate tasks to others so you can focus on your top priorities.
- Eliminate distractions – Get rid of anything that’s distracting you from your work.
10. Give back
Other real estate agents who are up and coming always need help and support when first starting out. When you’ve made some traction in your own business, it’s important to give back. There are many ways you can give back, such as mentoring, coaching, or teaching.
Tools to help you give back:
- Share your knowledge – Share your knowledge with others through mentoring, coaching, or teaching.
- Connect with others – Connect with other agents and help them grow their business.
- Support others – Support new agents by referring them business or promoting their listings.
- Pay it forward – When you’re successful, pay it forward and help others achieve success in their own business.
By using these 10 tactics, you can become a highly successful real estate agent. Remember, it takes hard work, dedication, and focus to succeed in this business. But if you put in the effort, you can achieve great things.
The real estate industry is ever-changing, and the most successful agents are those who are always adapting. By using different tactics and strategies, you can stay ahead of the curve and close more sales. What tactics do you use to be successful in your business? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
If you’re looking for a CRM that’s easy to use, offers great features, and comes with top-notch customer support, then look no further than West Gray Marketing. We’re confident that you’ll love our software, and we can’t wait to help you take your business to the next level!
Book a consultation call with our team to learn more about how West Gray can help you level up in your business.